Sunday 10 June 2007

"NYCCCC, just got here this morning!"

I really did just get here this morning - at 6am to be exact. If anyone can name that tune, by the way, you get a cookie.

I haven't written in a little while so let me just play catch-up for a second...
June 3rd - the MTV Movie Awards:
SO awesome! from my vantage point on stage, I could see EVERYONE in the audience, samuel L Jackson, Paris Hilton, Will Ferrel, Jessica Alba, Josh Duhamel, Fergie, etc. It was a lot of fun, and hello, I got to be on stage with JAY-Z.
June 5th - The Tonight Show with Jay Leno:
This was really cool because my family got to come to the taping. I think my mom was more excited about the fact that George Clooney was also on the show than she was to see me sing with Rihanna. There were monitors in the dressing rooms that showed the taping, and when "georgie-pie" walked out, I distinctly heard her voice screaming for him.



Wednesday night, june 6th, we took a delayed red eye flight to NY.
Thursday we had a performance on 106th & Park on BET, which was cool.
Friday morning, we woke up (after about 3 hours sleep) at 4am to go to the today show. we arrived at 5:15am, and there were already a bunch of people lined up on the sidewalk to see the show! nuts. After the show, I decided to have a new york kind of day and walked around a bunch, navigated the subway, went to lunch and then went to the Museum of Modern Art (which was AWESOME!) They had an entire floor dedicated to architecture and design, and I loved it. They have quite the collection of famous pieces too - several monets, van gogh's starry night, etc. One of my favorite pieces was one by salvadore dali, which was 11 panes of glass, each painted with its own strange vignette, and somehow when put together all the pieces fit.

Later that night we had the most disastrous airport/traveling experience. We were supposed to fly out at 9pm that night to denver...something happened with a main FAA computer, and NO planes in the entire country were allowed to take off. we ended up boarding the plane three hours later, at midnight, and then sitting on the runway for an hour and a half. we were in Denver for a grand total of about 15 hours, just to do a show, and then hopped on the red eye back to NY, which brings me to now, and the reason I got here at 6am this morning!
It sounds like I am needed at rehearsal, so I've gotta go, but I shall write again soon-ly!

No comments: